In general, exercises on fitball were not initially used for weight loss and body shaping, but were used for health-improving recovery of patients with cerebral palsy.
A complex of such a useful rehabilitation was developed by a group of doctors led by the Swiss physiotherapist Susan Kleinfogelbach in the middle of the twentieth century.
Later, fitness trainers and medical specialists from the United States of America became interested in the effect of such physiotherapy procedures. They noted that fitball exercises have a general healing effect on the body, and are especially beneficial for people with limited physical activity or for those with a sedentary lifestyle.
Gradually, more and more new complexes of sports exercises on this gymnastic ball were developed and at the present time we have many types of training invented for people with different levels of physical fitness, for older people, for people with ailments of the musculoskeletal system, for expectant mothers and just for everyone who cares about their health and figure.
Regular exercises on fitball for weight loss are useful to absolutely everyone who has embarked on the difficult path of getting rid of extra pounds. Anyone who wants to can do exercises on a fitball for weight loss, it is only important to choose the right set of gymnastic exercises that will help you lose excess weight faster.
In our article, we will tell you why a fitball is useful for losing weight, how to choose a suitable gymnastic ball for yourself in a sports store, and we will also provide several complexes of gymnastics performed on a fitball.
All people who have used fitball for weight loss leave good reviews about it as a tool that allows you to quickly achieve the desired mass and significantly improve the condition of your figure.
How to choose a fitball for beginners
Feedback from the fair sex suggests that you can only achieve the best weight loss results from exercise with the help of a properly selected Swiss ball. For example, a fitball that is too large does not allow you to exercise at full strength, since you will slide off it. If it is smaller than you need, then the “simulator” will slide out from under you. For a workout to be productive, you need to choose a ball by size.
Exercise on a fitball with elastic and rather stiff spikes is shown for girls who have pronounced cellulite on the hips and buttocks. When practiced regularly, these thorns will massage all problematic parts of your body. Also, such a ball will help you relax after a busy day at work
There are several ways:
- Sit on the balloon you like in the store. At the same time, put your legs in front of you, keep your back straight. Make sure the knee angle is 90 degrees. Also note that the ball should not bend under your weight.
- The size of the gymnastic apparatus for weight loss must be selected according to the woman’s height. Reviews say that with a height of 165-180 cm, you need to choose a ball with a diameter of 65 cm.If you are taller – 75 cm.And for short beauties up to 165 cm, a 55 cm ball is ideal.
Note that for beginners, it is best to use a ball with holders. They simplify the training process and also significantly reduce the risk of injury during exercise.
Small ball fitness exercise options
In fitness, exercises are also used with a small ball. The benefits of it are undeniable, and it succeeds in compactness. Classes with him are especially relevant during the period of injuries and physical weakness.
Lessons with a small ball develop arms, make the buttocks elastic, reduce the volume of the hips, form the abdominal muscles and back muscles. Exercise can help you relax, relieve stress, and rejuvenate. It is very important that the exercises do not put a lot of stress on the spine, joints and tendons.
There are a lot of options for training with a small ball, both simple and more complex. The small ball can be used for a variety of sports activities.
- Hold the projectile on outstretched arms in front of you or raise it above your head and tilt the body back and forth, left and right.
- Perform turns, squats, twists.
- Balancing with the ball in your hands, take turns bending your knee and bringing it forward.
- Jump with the ball in outstretched arms, lifting your heels off the floor.
- Lie on your back, put one leg on the floor, and raise the other 90 degrees.
- Raise your head, holding the ball in one hand, pass it to the other, passing under the raised leg.
- Change legs and do the same.
These exercises work the muscles and make them work effectively.
Thanks to the small diameter of the ball, you can:
- Develop coordination of movements.
- Start the work of the abdominal muscles.
- Strengthen the leg muscles.
There are a lot of options for classes, the main thing is to find one that is suitable in complexity and will work for the result.
Any kind of fitness sooner or later becomes boring. In order not to lose the desire to take care of yourself, you need to bring something new into your workouts. One of the simulators that will help bring this novelty to the classroom is the fitness ball.
Bright, big – you can choose a fitness ball in your favorite color. Training with him will bring you a lot of new impressions. This simulator is versatile. It is used in both regular fitness groups and prenatal groups.
Before we start describing the exercises that use a fitness ball, let’s figure out how to choose the right size and quality ball. The size and quality will determine the effectiveness of the exercises performed.
When choosing this ball, pay attention to the density of its shell. Fitballs with too thin a shell at high pressure on it can simply burst. You need to choose a fitness ball that can withstand up to three hundred kilograms of weight on yourself. It is also important to choose the correct size of this ball.
When choosing the size of the ball, you need to focus on your height:
- For women with a height of up to 170 cm, a ball with a diameter of 0.55 m is suitable.
- For women with a height of 170 to 180 cm, a ball with a diameter of 0.65 m is suitable.
- Tall women, whose height is 180 cm and above, need to choose a size where the diameter is 0.85 m.
It is very easy for you to check if the fitness ball is suitable for you personally. To do this, you need to sit down on it. In this pose, notice the angle at which your hips, knees, and feet are. If the size of the ball is correct for you, this angle will be 90 degrees.
The benefits of exercise with a fitball
- Through regular exercise, posture improves in women. After all, to maintain the balance of the body, it is necessary to use most of the muscles of the torso.
- Exercise improves stretching and body flexibility.
- Fitness lessons on an inflatable ball are not contraindicated even for pregnant women. Only you need to do it individually or in a group under the supervision of a trainer.
If you do strength training at home or in the gym several times a week, do not be lazy to include the gymnastic trainer in the fitness complex. It will help you not only speed up the process of losing weight, but also increase body endurance, improve stretching and coordination of movements. After all, many people who work out on simulators neglect stretching, which makes their muscles look massive and unfeminine.
Exercises with a fitness ball for pregnant women, good for the spine
With a fitness ball, there are tons of exercises for pregnant women. Doctors advise doing exercises just before the birth itself, a few weeks before them, as well as exercising throughout the pregnancy. The ball helps to keep the body in good shape, to cope with additional stress and back pain. Exercise develops and strengthens the pelvic floor muscles, which helps to avoid tearing and serious injury during childbirth. During gymnastics, the blood supply system is activated, which prevents blood stagnation and improves the supply of oxygen to the internal organs. The work of the respiratory tract and blood vessels improves, the heart rate is stabilized.
Fitness ball exercises are good for posture and spine. Thanks to them, you can relieve the load on the muscles that are near the spinal column, strengthen them. Swinging on the ball can help relieve back pain. To prevent the appearance of stretch marks, you need to sit on the floor, spread your legs to the sides, leaning forward, push the projectile in front of you.
Exercise can also help reduce pain during contractions.
First you need to master simple exercises and perform several times. Exercise should be started in the early stages of pregnancy, gradually increasing the training time. Before gymnastics, be sure to do a light warm-up in order to prepare the body for the load. If pain and discomfort appear, classes should be stopped.